The Golden Age of Magic Posters Deluxe Edition
- Author/Editor: Gabe Fajuri
- Publisher: Chicago: Potter and Potter Auctions
- Date: 2017
- Size: 9 x 12
- Condition: New
The Golden Age of Magic Posters is a deluxe, limited-edition art book that showcases nearly 800 vintage magic posters from the collection of Norm Nielsen. Only 200 copies of this handsome volume will be sold.
From Houdini and Thurston, to Kellar, Dante, Downs and more, the book showcases hundreds of rare, unusual, and important images spanning roughly 1880 - 1930 - the "golden age" of spectacular magic posters. Broadsides, billboards, and stone lithographs galore fill its pages.
Documenting, dating, and providing data on the posters themselves, along with the performers they advertise, and the printers that produced them, The Golden Age of Magic Posters is not only a feast for the eyes, but a valuable reference work.
- o 320 page hardbound volume, with deluxe sewn binding
- o Large-format coffee table book (9 x 12"), with cloth slipcase and ribbon bookmark
- o Signed & numbered by Norm and Lupe Nielsen, as well as Gabe Fajuri (author), Stina Henslee (Designer), and David Linsell (Photographer)
- o Vastly different than the auction catalogs; nearly 100 posters - including many unique images - have been added to this volume.